General Civil

June 19th, 2018

What is it?

Cases involving lawsuits between two or more parties seeking money damages, injunctions, or equitable relief

Where do I go?

In general it depends on the amount of the dispute. Claims of $25,000 or less are handled in the District Court. Claims greater than $25,000 are handled in the Circuit Court. Only the Circuit Court can handle cases involving equitable relief. Venue may be proper in more than one court location. Typically, a case may be filed either where the defendant resides, has a place of business, conducts business or has a registered office. Sometimes the case may also be filed where the action arose.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Recent Posts