If I am receiving public assistance (TANF or HP), do I still get child support?

Posted on June 26th, 2018
No. The Friend of the Court must send to the State any child support payments made while you are on public assistance. If payments are made, you qualify to receive the first $50.00 per month, plus any child support amount paid which is over and above the amount of your public assistance grant. This mone…

How do I get an order for child support?

Posted on June 26th, 2018
A petition asking the court to order child support must be filed with the court clerk. If both parties agree to establish support at the amount shown by the formula, they may sign an agreement (stipulation). Once that agreement is put in the form of an order, signed by the judge and filed with the court c…

Recent Posts