If I am receiving public assistance (TANF or HP), do I still get child support?

June 26th, 2018

No. The Friend of the Court must send to the State any child support payments made while you are on public assistance.

If payments are made, you qualify to receive the first $50.00 per month, plus any child support amount paid which is over and above the amount of your public assistance grant. This money is processed through, and paid by, the Michigan Family Independence Agency.

If you have questions regarding this program, contact your Family Independence Agency support specialist.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email