My child does not want to engage in parenting time with the other parent. What can I do?

June 26th, 2018

Parents are to obey court orders, regardless of the child’s age. It is the parent’s responsibility to promote a positive relationship with the child and the other parent. You may want to try the following options:

  • Work out a different arrangement with the other parent.
  • Contact the Friend of the Court and request mediation or seek counseling.
  • File a petition with the court asking for a change in your parenting time order.
  • Request the Friend of the Court provide enforcement of the parenting time order (See Parenting Time Enforcement).
Print Friendly, PDF & Email