Is there any way the Friend of the Court can assist parties in reaching an agreement regarding custody?

June 26th, 2018

The Friend of the Court will provide domestic relations mediation whenever there is a custody dispute. Mediation allows an impartial third party to assist parents in settling their custody dispute. Both parties must agree to participate in mediation .

The Friend of the Court is required to:

(1) Offer mediation services to the parties; or

(2) If directed by the judge, conduct an investigation and file a written report and recommendation based upon the factors listed in the Michigan Child Custody Act (See Page 16).

Print Friendly, PDF & Email