June 19th, 2018

What is it?

 Proceedings to recover possession of premises and/or obtain a money judgment.

Where do I go?

The District Court where the premises are located. If there is a claim for a money judgement on a landlord/tenant case, the District Court has jurisdiction up to $25,000. If a claim for money judgement exceeds that amount, the District Court will determine the possession issue and the Circuit Court will determine the money portion. The case will not leave the District Clerk’s possession until the money judgment is entered, since all judges have Circuit authority..

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Recent Posts